Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Did you know.....

In getting started with our blog site I want to put entries out at least weekly. Sometimes the news may not be as broad as you would like, but I've made a promise to myself to at least put something out. So here are a few things you may....or may not know:

-Jackie is now an instructor at the very school she attended to become a medical assistant! She works 4 evenings a week teaching classes to eager students who are working their way toward a career in the medical world. Good for you Jackie!! You never know what opportunities lie ahead of us! We really are proud of you.

-Joy, who has been living in New York City for 6 years (I can hardly believe it) has been working for the Disney Corporation in their Theater division for the last year. She is a tax accountant for two Broadway shows. She was handling Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins. Since Beauty and the Beast has closed, she still has Mary Poppins and has now added High School Musical On Tour - that's right - High School Musical. When she went to New York she said her goal was to be working somehow within the theater world in 5 years. I wonder what the next 5 years will hold for her. Love you, Joy.

-Some of you will be saying "when will she ever stop" where this subject is concerned, but for those who don't know their whole story, our daughter-in-law lived in Guatemala for eight months while going through the adoption process to get Eliot. Russ made several trips down during that time and he says he spent a total of about 3 months there with them. This story will never get old for me. Their story is an amazing one and if you haven't checked it out we have a link to their blog on the top of this page. Check it out. You will be blessed. Katie and Eliot came home to St. Louis on July 9th. Kisses to Eliot!

-It's been a couple of years now that Duwane and Emma Lou's daughter, Cindy, and her family came to family reunion. Their family has gotten closer and closer with trips being made both ways to and from Texas as often as opportunity allows. Theirs is another truly wonderful story. If you don't know the details and would like to hear more, maybe we can get Emma Lou to write a blog entry. I'm telling you we have an amazing family and yet we don't all know the depth our family's experiences.

-In case you didn't recognize him in the family reunion photos, Kevin has lost over 110 pounds since January of 2006. He has been swimming, walking, running and now we can add mountain climbing to get himself in shape. He looks great and says he feels terrific. Three cheers for Kevin!! I certainly admire your determination.

I've had a suggestion that on a fairly regular basis I should get a story from Mammaw B to share with everyone. I'm wondering how many of us know how she and Pappaw met. There is bound to be a story of interest there. What do you think? Send me your ideas. We have an email address set up for bentleyfamilynews@yahoo.com. You can send your stories and/or photos to us thru this email address.

Thanks for the comments you've been leaving on our entries. It encourages me to write more when I see your comments and know you are taking time to visit the blogsite. And by the way, Kevin, that photo of the grandsons was the best I had. Sorry, Rob. I'd really like to get some of the photos you guys were taking to put on the site.

BLOG QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Do you know which family member studied at Oxford in London, England? Post your answer on the comments....

Love to you all!!
Sandra





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Phillip who studied at Oxford?

I want to know how Mammaw and Pappaw met... good idea!

Anonymous said...

It is Phillip and Congrats on him getting married this weekend. I am with Joy I want to know how they met......I am sure it is a great story to tell.

Katie said...

Great update, ladies!! I was also going to say one of the Bentley boys but didn't remember which one.