Thursday, September 20, 2007

REUNION NEWS - PART 2

More on a personal note-

I keep finding myself thinking of the reunion, and family. We have a really large family, and are very spread out, but we really have something special between us. I guess some of us are a little more inclined to the sentimental side, but we all need to stop and think about it. We are very blessed.

Every year we have the same amount of time available to us at the pavilion at Burns Park. The pavilion is ours from about 9:00 am till 4:00 pm. In recent years, for whatever reasons we were all usually gone by 2:00 or 2:30. This year the weather was perfect and the Razorback game didn't start until 6:00, so even though most had gone, there were a few of us who sat down at a picnic table and shared the remaining hours talking until exactly 4:00. Thanks for the extra time, guys. It's hard to put into words, but time like that is what keeps us from growing apart even when we are separated by miles. Thanks for the stories and the laughs. Thanks also for the hugs and kind words as we left each other.


We have an extraordinary grandmother who has set the best example ever for us. Can you think of anything that pleases her more than knowing that her family not only loves her, but loves each other. And we really do. Mammaw B has certainly shown us and taught us love. So allow me just to tell you that I love you. There have been times that I quite literally would have been lost if you hadn't been there for me. It was so good to see those of you who made it to the park Saturday, but to those of you who weren't there, I missed really you.

This blog can be a very special tool that we can use to stay connected. Please take time to send us your news, stories, (serious or funny) comments and photos so that we can put it out for all to share. There are plenty of things we experience that others in the family would love to hear about and this is a terrific way to keep in touch. Use the comments on each blog entry to leave messages that we all can read and respond to. If you don't know how to use the comments let us know so we can help you with it.




That's it. Enough of my sentimental ramblings. Bottom line - if you don't send me info for the family blog, all you'll have to read about will be me and my branch of the family. Hope you enjoy the photos we've attached.

Sandra

No comments: