Monday, May 19, 2008

A SERIES OF UPDATES....Part 1

Many of you know by now, but for those of you who don't, Ike has been assigned to the United Methodist Church of Marianna, AR. This is a full-time charge, and yes, it means we will be moving to Marianna. We are all still in the "thinking it through" stage, but at long last, after 8 years of working toward this goal, Ike has given notice as his job at the Health Dept, and will be officially in full time ministry as of June 25th. We are really sad to leave the wonderful people of Graham Chapel in Conway, and Mt. Carmel in Vilonia, but are very happy to be making that step into a full-time charge.

Details are still in the works, but for now the plan is that we will be moving Ike into the parsonage in Marianna on June 25th, and I will be staying through the weeks at our home in NLR, continuing to work at my job here in Little Rock through the summer, and of course heading to Marianna for the weekends to join Ike in the church services and activities. As I make my move to Marianna, we will be leaving Amanda in charge of things here on Harper Lane. As I said details are still being thought through, but I wanted to share our good news with you all.

Keep us in your prayers as many changes are in store for all of us...

Sandra

1 comment:

Joy said...

We need a phone call soon!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures to Marianna! Jess is on her way up as I type this, so I'll get some pictures of OUR adventures to you to post after she leaves next week.

Love you!