Tuesday, May 26, 2009

GRATEFUL FOR MY BLESSINGS

Ever had one of those moments that the blessings of your life just overtake you? Well, I seem to be having one of those moments tonight. Let me share some of my thoughts:

-Uncle Fred was doing well enough to make a visit to Mammaw B's so Pat and Amber brought he & Aunt Ann for a visit on Saturday. It was so great to see them and to visit with Pat and Amber.




















-Emily's wedding was Saturday at the Old Mill in NLR.
-We had a wonderful reception tonight for Em and Joshua at Uncle David Aunt Geneva's.







Today was Uncle David & Aunt Geneva's 60th wedding anniversary.







-Laura graduated from college on Sunday. What a milestone for her. I am so proud.

-Laura & Dane will be getting married in June. What a family celebration that will be.


-Russ, Katie & El will be returning from a mission trip to Guatemala tomorrow and will be going back on a second mission trip in June. God is truly using their Guatemala experience to further His work in that country. They are having people call on them to organize and accompany their groups for mission trips, and they have the ability to make this happen because of the time they spent there during the adoption process. What a journey this is being for them.



















-We got a wonderful report from Freddy regarding his health.(previous post on family blog)
-Bruce and Linda will be coming for a visit in July. We will be trying to plan a get-together while they are here.

Let me assure you that there are definitely some rough spots in the road that Ike and I are dealing with, but I have to tell you I am overwhelmed at the blessings that God has placed in my life. And no matter what life may have dealt you, I want you to know that you are a part of the blessing in my life. Thank you to those of you who are making efforts to stay connected. I am grateful for blogs, emails and facebook where this is concerned. Please keep it up and encourage others in the family to come on board.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

No comments: